“Communities” is plural because we each have multiple communities (worship, school/work, activities, trade/shopping, neighborhood, etc)
At 29:11 we do a lot of things to touch as many people as possible. Today, let’s look at three ways we can have a lasting impact on the people in our communities.
PRAY THE PRAYER
Five ways to pray the prayer that reveals the power of God
1. Pray the Blood of Jesus – His blood isn’t just for forgiveness, but for healing (1 Peter 2:24) and protection, too (Exodus 12:21-23)
2. Pray the Name of Jesus – John 14:12-15, John 15:4, Luke 10:19
Authority is connected with accountability.
3. Turn God’s promises into prayers – Exodus 14:14, 14:25, Deuteronomy 1:30, 3:22, Nehemiah 4:20 and James 1:5, Proverbs 2:6, Daniel 2:21, Ecclesiastes 2:26
You have to know His promises to apply them!
4. Pray in agreement with another Christian(s) – Matthew 18:19, 18:16, John 8:17, Deuteronomy 19:15, Timothy 5:19, Hebrews 10:28
5. Pray in Faith – James 5:15, 1:6, Mark 9:23, 11:24, Matthew 21:21
Finally, we must connect Jesus to the prayer in order to reveal His power through the prayer! Acts 3:1-7
SPEAK WORDS OF LIFE and freedom, not death and bondage.
Words are powerful! Matthew 12:37, Proverbs 18:21, Romans 10:10
Speak faith, hope, peace, joy, love, patience – how? Ephesians 4:29, Jeremiah 29:11, 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
Words are declarations of our faith, or lack of faith. So it starts with your faith. And if you have faith then your words are like seeds to be planted in places where they can grow. In other words, through faith you can speak words of life!
You need to see yourself speaking words like seeds that bring life everywhere they are sown!
FIND PURPOSE IN SERVING
It is impossible to have a positive impact on others while focused on yourself!