“Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!”
After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”
John the Baptist, who was in prison,… sent his disciples to ask Jesus, “Are you the Messiah we’ve been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?”
- Experiencing doubt is a normal part of faith
- Asking questions is the surest way to find answers
- We need people who walk with us through these times
Knowing WHAT you believe is good.
Knowing WHY you believe is better.
Why is it so important for us to watch out for how we treat others?
We never realize how our small actions affect the faith of those around us.
START WITH JESUS.
What I found…
- Love people — Even your enemies! Matthew 5:38-44
- Forgive… and forgive and forgive Matthew 18:21-22
- Put other people first… above what you want Mathew 20:26-27
- Give to those in need Matthew 6:2-4, 25:44-45
- Don’t think too highly of yourself Matthew 23:12
What would the world look like if we all lived like that?
The way Jesus taught us to live is the best way to live.
“A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic…or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”C.S. Lewis
Did Jesus Exist?
Did He claim to be The Messiah/God/Son of God?
Did He rise from the dead?
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures…
1 Corinthians 15:3-5
- What evidence is there if any of Jesus’ burial and the empty tomb?
- This One Thing Could Destroy Christianity
- 12 Evidences for the Resurrection
- Historicity of the Empty Tomb
“What is certain is that the earliest followers of Jesus believed that Jesus had come back to life, in the body, and that this was a body that had real bodily characteristics: It could be seen and touched, and it had a voice that could be heard.”Bart Ehrman
If Jesus is who He says He is, it changes everything.
Making of the Bible – Tim Mackie Video