The Church Blog
– Asking the right Questions
– When Believing Isn’t Easy
JOHN THE BAPTIST
John 1:29, Matthew 3:16-17
Let’s be real… everyone has their doubts.
“Start with Jesus.”
Because if He’s not legit… none of the rest matters.
What I found…
Love people — Even your enemies! Matthew 5:38-44
Forgive… and forgive and forgive Matthew 18:21-22
Put other people first… above what you want Mathew 20:26-27
Give everything you can to those in need Matthew 5:4, 25:44-45
Don’t think too highly of yourself Matthew 23:12
The way Jesus lived is the best way to live…
and it’s the way I want to live.
“A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic…or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.” – C.S. Lewis
When you focus on Jesus, the questions seem to not be so big anymore.
Faith isn’t the opposite of doubt. Faith overcomes doubt.
1. “Why is God Hiding from us…” Why doesn’t he just show himself?
Didn’t he already do that?
2. Is the Bible reliable? Hasn’t it been changed?
An interesting talk from Tim Mackie on how the Bible was put together
(The video will start at the important part, but watch the whole thing if it interests you)
3. Doesn’t Evolution/Science disprove the Bible?
An interesting interview to listen to later
4. Isn’t Religion to blame for a lot of the bad in the world?
1. Religion is a tool and it (like other tools) can be used for good or evil.
2. Christianity has done A LOT of good
3. Jesus didn’t come to start a new religion
– Religion is about us trying to reach God.
– Jesus came to bring God to us.
Comments are closed.