- RECLAIM suggests a bringing back to a former state or condition of someone or something abandoned or debased.
- REDEEM implies releasing from captivity or penalties by giving what is demanded or necessary, or often, buying back or paying off a lien.
- RESCUE implies freeing from imminent danger by prompt or vigorous action.
- DELIVER implies release usually of a person from confinement, temptation, slavery, or suffering.
- RANSOM specifically applies to buying out of captivity.
- SAVE may replace any of the foregoing terms
(adapted from Merriam-Webster Online)
There are two parts to the Easter story:
The Cross – speaks to our past
Jesus doesn’t change the past, He redeems it.
1 Peter 2:24
The Tomb – speaks to our future
Jesus didn’t do away with the door, He just made it open both ways!
Romans 8:11, Romans 6:4
A STORY OF REDEMPTION…
- You were created by God, His magnum opus!
- We are often influenced by others, often chose independence
- Others have helped you get out of troubles along the way but not where and who you were destined to be!
- Until Jesus! He paid the full price, the ultimate price!
1 Peter 1:18-19, 1 Corinthians 6:20
Jesus didn’t die so you could be better. Today Jesus offers life abundant and eternal! He offers that to YOU!
(see John 10:10, John 3:36)
The only question is if you believe!