“A motivational gift is the underlying driving force that causes you to do the things you do the way you do them. Some have referred to them as personality gifts. Some people are oriented to doing tasks and other people are oriented to speak in order to be fulfilled.”– Charles Stanley
Some people feel like they have to be perfect. But no one must be perfect. We all fit together, each supplying what someone else is lacking!
So if I don’t fulfill my calling, don’t operate in my gifts, don’t do what I’m uniquely able to do then the church is lacking!
TODAY: The Motivational Gift of Encouragement
Think exhortation. The gift of encouragement is not about making people feel better. It’s about helping people be better.
Encourage means to instill courage, or confidence, in other people.
However, some believers are especially gifted in encouragement. Like Barnabas.
Weaknesses of encouragers
1. May interrupt you in their eagerness to advise you
2. May use scriptures out of context to make a point – that’s why we need each other, the encourager needs the prophet
3. May over-simplify problems with their pragmatic approach
Strengths of encourages
1. Doesn’t like empty words that give false hope – true encouragement is the goal
2. Non-judgmental, accepting people where they are, seeing their potential
3. Enjoys personal counseling and mentoring especially if it’s productive
4. Expects great things in people’s lives