We have an awesome mission!
Excuses for not serving Jesus…
– I’m too young. Paul told Timothy to be an example to everyone, all ages! 1 Timothy 4:12
– I’m too old. Hebrews 10:25
– I don’t have enough time. (But time is about choices!)
– I forgot, or something came up. (We find a way if it’s important.)
– I’m not talented. (Everyone has something awesome to do for Jesus!)
– I don’t know where to start.
For too many churchgoers their faith has become inconsequential.
To follow means you DO something.
Charles T. Studd quotes:
Some wish to live within the sound of Church or Chapel bell;
I want to run a Rescue Shop within a yard of hell.
Only one life, twill soon be past,
Only what’s done for Christ will last.
And when I am dying, how happy I’ll be,
If the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee.
It is worthwhile to lose all this world can offer and stake everything on the world to come.
“His life will be an eternal rebuke to easygoing Christianity.”Norman Grubb, biographer
Believing is easygoing.
Following has a cost.
The first followers:
Weren’t perfect (Luke 22:24)
Believed the world needed a Savior (John 8:12)
Liked being with Jesus (John 13:36-37)
Trusted Jesus (Matthew 8:25)
Believed in Jesus’ plan (John 6:67-69)
Wanted to pray, asked Jesus to teach them how (Luke 11:1)
Were bought in (Luke 10:17)
Forfeited much for Him (Mark 10:28)
Three final things:
I’m looking for dreamers.
Where do you start? Where do you serve? Anywhere!
Serving doesn’t end with the final amen this morning. Sunday morning is the launchpad