The Christmas story, the real one, reminds us there is another realm! Something spiritual, supernatural, heavenly, divine.
- 700 years of prophecies – Isaiah, Jeremiah, Micah, Hosea, Elizabeth, Simeon
- The manner of Jesus’ birth – a virgin, really? Yes!
- Angels filling the sky over that field singing glory to God
- A star appearing as a sign to the earth
- And even more angels and dreams!
- See: Micah 5:2, Isaiah 7:14, 9:6, Psalm 72:10-11, Jeremiah 31:15, Hosea 11:1, Luke 1:39-45, 2:25-35
- See also: Luke 1:26-37, Matthew 1:18-25, 2:13-15, 2:19-23, 2:1-12
When we lose belief
we’ve lost our wonder,
we’ve lost our hope and this is all there is,
we’ve lost that chance for the unexpected.
And we desperately need the wonder, hope, the unexpected!
For Christmas we don’t need a baby in a manger, or an extra holiday, or a nice new bedtime story,
or material for a school play.
We need a Savior, Healer, Deliverer, hope, wisdom, joy and peace!
Romans 12:3 tells us that we all have been given a portion of faith.