Revelation 21 tells us something about what the afterlife for Christians is like. But verses 3-4 specifically tell us what it’s going to BE like!
Top signs of Jesus’ return
Wars and rumors of wars, Matthew 24:6
Famines and pestilence, Luke 21:11
Earthquakes in a variety of places, Matthew 24:7
Computers and worldwide interconnectivity, Revelation 13:16-18
Transportation and knowledge greatly increase, Daniel 12:4
Jews return to Palestine, Isaiah 66:8, Matthew 24:32
The good news of Jesus spread across the world, Matthew 24:14
Deceitful and greedy false religious teachers, 2 Peter 2:3, Matthew 24:11, 24
Ethnos will rise against ethnos, Mark 13:7-8
Anti-Semitism, Christian persecution and martyrdom,
A time of lawlessness, violence, cold-heartedness, Luke 17:26; Genesis 6:11, Matthew 24:12
A perilous time of selfishness, rebellion, seeking of pleasure and materialism, 2 Timothy 3:1-5
But Jesus said “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.” John 14:1
What should we be doing?
- BE the church
- Lose the filters that color our view of things
- Stop drawing lines in the sand that keep us from reaching others
- We fight a lot of good battles but we aren’t very consistently fighting the most important battle: the battle over eternity.
- Be an example of how to follow Jesus
Luke 17:1-2, 1 Corinthians 8:9-13
- Keep ourselves full of God!
- Be all in, supporting ministry with our time, talent and tithe
- Make it about the next person who needs to meet Jesus!