The Holy Spirit is present throughout the Bible
Very obviously, from the second verse of the Bible, Genesis 1:2
Acts 2, we’ve been introduced to the Father, Jesus the Son, and now the Holy Spirit
See also 1 Corinthians 14:39, 14:1-5
Power for life, miracles, etc, 1 Corinthians 12:7-11
He seals us until the day of our redemption, Ephesians 1:13, 4:30
And helps us in our weaknesses and when we pray, Romans 8:26-27
The difference Jesus made…
Our goal is not to win the argument!
- Lame man at the Bethesda pool – John 5:1-9
- In Gadara – Matthew 8:28-34
- Bartimaeus of Jericho – Mark 10:46-52
- Woman of Caesarea Philippi – Mark 5:25-34
- Jairus’ daughter – Luke 8:40-56
- The woman about to be stoned – John 8:1-11
- Two men walking to Emmaus – Luke 24:13-32
- Temple guards – John 7:45-46
- Nicodemus, of the Sanhedrin – John 3:1-21, 7:50-51, 19:38-42
- Remember the Easter sermon? The Roman military officer, Pilate’s wife, the thief? – Mark 15:39, Matthew 27:19, Luke 23:39-43
- Peter and John, a man lame from birth – Acts 3:1-11
What about me – and you?
Jesus didn’t die so you could fit in. He died to make a difference! And He left us that commission as our mandate! (see also Matthew 28:18-20)
Some facts about Fire…
Fire changes things.
Fire grows exponentially.
Fire is not a thing but an event. It is not something you possess. Fire is something that must be tended!
Fire requires 3 components: oxygen, fuel, heat
Pray that God will give you this fire. But we must keep it going.
Fan the flame! Keep your tank full! Don’t let the spark go out!