Resolutions are usually about what we do, like with our hands.
Real change begins in the heart.
Those things we settle in our heart are the real deal!
HOW WAS JOHN SO CERTAIN OF HIS PURPOSE, HIS CALLING?
For one, his parents knew – and they told him. Luke 1:13-17, 76-79
If you have Godly parents or grandparents, listen to them!
But John also had to know for himself.
1. He received His understanding of his life purpose from God,
2. confirmed by Godly people in his life, and
3. then, and only then, determined how to walk that out
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR PURPOSE?
1. When you don’t know your purpose, anything and everything is a potential distraction, detour or dead end!
2. When you know your calling, nothing can stop you from fulfilling it!
3. Only people with purpose make a real difference!
KNOWING YOUR PURPOSE ISN’T ENOUGH
Do. Act. Commit. Consistently.
Lives are at stake. Families are struggling. Eternity is in the balance.
Some people use their “purpose search” as an excuse to not move on.
DID JOHN EVER DOUBT HIS PURPOSE?
Sure. And when he doubted, he went to the source of his calling! And Jesus answered his doubts! Matthew 11:2-5
HOW DO I KNOW AND BEGIN TO FULFILL MY PURPOSE?
- Expect confirmation!
- Do what you know!