Why does our world just seem to be getting more cynical, more untrusting, more skeptical?
– As Christians, I think this isn’t a trend we can follow.
Another name we’ve been called is believers. Believing is what we’re known for.
That’s what Jesus does is He looks into our lives —the mess ups, the doubts, the stupid mistakes—and says “Come on.”
He believes in us. And we should believe in ourselves.
He loves us and He believes in us enough to die for us.
And if that’s possible, what isn’t?
- If the divide that sin had created, the rift between God and man, could be mended… what is too hard for God?
- If He would die to claim us as His own, what would He not do?
- If He can love us at our darkest, who is beyond the reach of His grace?
- If He can defeat death, what enemy can’t He stand against?
- Are there truly any hopeless situations once Jesus is involved?
To follow Jesus is to believe the impossible.
- Who should be more optimistic than followers of Jesus?
Where have you given up in your life?
The cross is an invitation to believe again.
I’m not saying God’s given you a blank check, and that if you just believe hard enough God will do whatever you want.
I’m saying there are some things YOU KNOW God wants to do in your life—heal you both physically and spiritually, destroy life-stealing habits, help you make a difference in the lives of those around you, and be a positive influence in the world—but He can’t do any of that if you’ve already given up.