Some have enjoyed this isolation… but it’s time to gather again.
We were not designed for life alone! We were designed for community!
Just because you CAN make it alone doesn’t mean you SHOULD!
There are perks to doing church online … but it can never really be a true replacement.
This is a reminder for all of us to see why gathering is so important and a call to embrace the full scope of what it means to BE the church not just go to a building.
The Church in not kirche, a building, but ekklesia, a gathering of people united by identity and purpose!
The New Testament never describes a building as a church.
Five things you miss if you don’t gather!
But I also believe there is a theological reason why your singing along with the television isn’t the same thing as your experience on Sunday morning. And I hope we remember this and carry it with us even after this thing is over. You and I are meant to “sing to one another” and you cannot do that as well with worship at home. It’s hard to live out Ephesians 5:18-19 in your living room. To only sing vertically is to forget that we were saved into a people. It isn’t just me and Jesus. My relationship with God is intimately connected to the vital companionship I share with my brothers and sisters. So we need to sing songs together. And to one another.
– Mike Leake
Isolation breeds selfishness – article
During online church, most people handled it one of two ways:
- They either let someone do their worship for them and got weaker in faith and further from God’s dream and planned blessings for their life, or
- They felt online wasn’t enough and they owned their growth! They went deeper! They took advantage of opportunities. And the spiritually rich get richer.
We are a body. We’re not independent but interdependent. We are a family and someone needs you!
An Invitation to Gather Again
- Live Recordings beginning next Sunday! Reserve your spot right now.
- Teens Back Together 6:30 this Wednesday 8/5
- Use the Yard this Friday night 8/7 for young adults
- Women’s event 8/15, 10-11:30am
- Deeper Sessions IRL – this Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30pm