Selfie was Oxford Dictionary’s word of the year in 2013
a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and shared via social media
- 62% of US adults have taken a selfie
- 40% of selfie takers say they take up to 15 selfies before uploading or sending the picture
- Duckface selfies perform 1112% better than regular selfies
- A Canadian study found people who take selfies tend to overestimate how good-looking they are
- In recent years, more people died from taking selfies than from shark attacks
- 1,000 selfies are posted to Instagram every 10 seconds
- Millennials are expected to take over 25,000 selfies in their lifetime
- According to research, millennials spend an average of 7 minutes taking a selfie
So selfies are fun and interesting but like anything else in life, can become a problem when we overindulge.
A SELFIE CULTURE
The people of Gadara did not want Jesus to stay and do any more good works.
The cure for a Selfie Culture?
To realize how little, needy and insignificant we truly are.
There is only one place to receive all the attention and care we need – Psalm 37:25, 2 Thessalonians 3:3, 1 Corinthians 1:8-9, Psalm 105:8