Thanksgiving – think “gratitude” or “appreciation”
Praise – think “honor” or “acknowledging”
Worship is: the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration
[ctt template=”3″ link=”485Q1″ via=”no” ]Worship doesn’t satisfy your appetite. Worship intensifies your appetite for the object of your worship![/ctt]
Worship doesn’t just cause you to notice the good things about God. Worship, especially of God, causes you to imitate Him!
So what is Worship?
[ctt template=”3″ link=”893PT” via=”yes” ]Worship isn’t something you sing on Sunday morning.[/ctt]
- Prayer is worship – Matthew 6:9
- Reading the Bible is worship – John 4:24
How can we worship in truth if we don’t know truth?
- Giving is worship – Matthew 6:21, Matthew 2:11, Malachi 3:10-12
If you want to know what you worship, look at your calendar and your bank statement.
- An attitude of gratitude is worship, appreciation instead of grumbling and complaining
- Saying grace over meals is worship
- Serving others is worship – Matthew 25:40
- Sharing our faith is worship!
- Obedience is worship
Imagine a king is speaking to you. What would be a respectful and reverent response?
Ignoring him or listening and obeying?
- Living the amazing life God dreams for us is worship
Finally, yes, singing can be worship. But only if it begins in the soul!
[ctt template=”3″ link=”TC25a” via=”yes” ]At 29:11 we don’t do guitar solos[/ctt]