“The 1st movie was about becoming a family. This movie is about being a family.”
– James Gunn, writer/director
Having the same last name isn’t what makes you a family
THE GUARDIANS “FAMILY”
– A collection of decidedly less-than-perfect oddballs that shouldn’t even like each other
– They are each one wounded in their own way and alone are unfulfilled
– None have very good social skills but work through it with a higher sense of purpose
– They learn that for a family to function well everyone needs to know where and how they fit
Everyone has something awesome to do for Jesus!
DO YOU SEE YOURSELF THERE?
Peter Quill, the leader
Drax has the temperament of a prophet
Gamora is overcome by feelings of mercy
Baby Groot, both encourager and protector
Yondu, we learn, is a teacher and mentor
Rocket, a giver and helper
These first few hours spent in church every week are vital but what’s most important is what you do with it during the next 163 hours of your week!
If you’re ready to find a place to serve at 29:11 GET STARTED RIGHT HERE
Have you ever noticed that even in our SciFi, what humans have written about other worlds, there is a moral compass? Morality, doing what is right, putting others first are not just global ideals. It’s obvious we believe they are universal!